Old Spice High Endurance, Original Scent Men’s AntiPerspirant & Deodorant.
Sweating is natural to men. After indulging in any physical or mental exercise such as staying all day in your office desk or going to the gym to practice some weight lifting you are likely to sweat. Sweating also
comes as a result of warm weather. What you need to reduce sweating and the bad odor that comes from the sweat, you need a good deodorant. Old Spice deodorant for men from Old Spice helps you to fight sweat and smell fresh throughout the day, It is one of the best deodorants for men.
Old Spice Company has been in business for a long time now. They engage in making deodorants and antiperspirants for men. So far, they offer 14 distinct types of deodorants and 36 types of antiperspirant deodorants.
The difference between these deodorants is the active and inactive ingredients they are composed of. However, all the ingredients are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- What are The Common Ingredients Making up Old Spice Deodorants?
- What are Bloggers Saying About Old Spice Deodorants?
- What Are Amazon Reviewers Writing About Old Spice Deodorants?
- How to Use the Old Spice Deodorants
What are The Common Ingredients Making up Old Spice Deodorants?
These are the most common ingredients that Old Spice deodorants are composed of:
- Water: Water is found in some of the Old Spice antiperspirants but not all. It is used as a solvent to dissolve the other ingredients.
- Dipropylene Glycol: This is a water-soluble and colorless ingredient. It is added in many deodorants and cosmetic products to help carry the fragrance. It is safe and does not have any irritating effect on the skin.
- Aluminum compounds: All Old Spice antiperspirant deodorants have an aluminum compound as the main ingredient. In most cases, it is either Aluminum Chlorohydrate or Aluminum Zirconium Trichlorohydrex GLY. These compounds help to reduce sweat production from the underarm area. The percentage of these compounds in antiperspirants falls between 10 and 20 percent. People with kidney problems should consider getting advice from a doctor before applying aluminum-containing antiperspirants on their bodies since aluminum is removed from the body by the kidneys.
- Sodium stearate: Sodium stearate is only found in Old Spice deodorants, not the antiperspirants. It helps in making the deodorants thick and provides lubrication.
- Propylene Glycol: It is found in Old Spice deodorants and some antiperspirants. Its main role is absorbing water and providing moisture to the skin. It is considered safe although it can cause irritation to people with sensitive skin.
- Additional Ingredients: Every type of Old Spice deodorant or antiperspirant has other additional ingredients. These ingredients include color, alcohol, mineral oil, castor oil and specific fragrances for the different types of deodorants.
Related: how does deodorant work?
What are Bloggers Saying About Old Spice Deodorants?
Here are the sample customer complaints;
Procter & Gamble’s Old Spice deodorant caused severe skin rashes and chemical burns to very many customers. To be exact, they are thousands of customers. Law suit had filed damages amounting to over $5 million in March 2016.
Apart from the many blogs complains, there are also numerous videos on YouTube showing armpit burns, irritation, and rashes caused by Old Spice deodorant for men. The lawsuit even sought legal action to have the sale of Old Spice deodorants stopped.
To protect the product, Procter & Gamble spokesman, Damon Jones said that the product had been proven safe for human use. He added that what is seen in blogs and YouTube are just a few cases of skin reaction from people with sensitive skin. He added that the skin reactions witnessed by the few people were due to the presence of ingredients such as alcohol and fragrance.
added that the company had expounded great depths in research to ensure that all the ingredients they use are certified to be safe for use on human beings. He advices the men who witnessed skin reaction to go ahead and use the antiperspirant way. This is because the antiperspirants are devoid of alcohol that is identified to be the main cause of skin reaction in deodorants.
What Are Amazon Reviewers Writing About Old Spice Deodorants?
In an attempt to distinguish spammers from actual buyers to give potential shoppers the real experience, Amazon attaches the term verified purchase under the name of the reviewers who review the product after purchase.
Common Positive Comments
1. Great long-lasting, mild deodorant
Paul, a verified purchaser, says this; The first time I used the Old Spice deodorant, I had got it from a friend as a gift. I noted that the product has a mild smell and masks my body’s smell. It also lasts for a long time. The advantage of it is that it’s not an antiperspirant thus does not clog your body’s pores. Since I hate strongly smelling the smell, I found it to be very helpful. I am jubilant with amazon’s shipping service since it is not available in my nearest retail outlet.
2. Good stuff
David W. Crawford, a verified user, says that it is great. I use Old Spice High Endurance. I live in Oklahoma where hot and humid summers are experienced. Last week the temperatures went as high as 105 degrees. This makes me sweat profusely when am outside. Having tried other products earlier, I can only say that this Old Spice High Endurance works well for me.
Common Negative Reviews
1. They should rename this scent Dirty Gym Locker Room
R.E., a verified purchaser says; I have used the original scent earlier. later chose to buy the six packs since it was cheaper than the rest. I don’t know what was wrong with this sticks, maybe they were expired or had the wrong ingredients composition. They smelt bad that even my four-year child who likes putting on a deodorant in the morning could not use it. He told me that this smells bad.
2. The sloppy package appears as if it was previously used.
Palo Alto, a verified purchaser says; I received this pack from Amazon, they appear as if someone had used them before and just wrapped them using a tape. It was hard for me to believe that they were not used previously. But the whole package was nasty.
How to Use the Old Spice Deodorants
Old Spice deodorant for men should only be applied under the armpits. Avoid using on broken or fractured skin. Do not use without getting medical advice if you have a kidney problem.
If swallowed, seek help from the poison control center.
Related: How to Properly Use Deodorants?